Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hobbies of the Mann Family

Elizabeth’s Secret Garden 

The little bug on the leaf is actually a ladybug larvae. I just recently learned that ladybugs start out as larvae.ladybug larvae for book  Ladybug larva eating aphid.

When the ladybug larva is big from eating lots of aphids, it will become a pupa. Then finally, it will come out as a ladybug.ladybug pupa for blog           Ladybug Pupa
 

For aphid control, encourage ladybugs in your yard instead of using harmful pesticides. Sugar water is a great attractor.

Craft Projects

These are a male and female Blue Morpho butterfly. My mom and dad gave them to me for my birthday. They live only in Costa Rica.blue butterfly My sister, Andrea Mann, age 12, drew a picture of the butterflies. God has blessed her with an amazing talent that she continues to develop.Andrea's butterflies

plastic bag 

Knitting is one of my hobbies. My grandma taught my how to knit when I was eight. One day I thought it would be neat to knit with plastic. I made this bag by cutting apart 40 plastic grocery bags into strips, tying the strips together, and then knitting the plastic into a bag. The handles are made from 6 bread bags that I braided.

Mann’s Moments

Our new family sport is bowling. Our dad takes Andrea, Joshua, and I to bowl every Sunday before church.

A bowling

eliz bowlingJ bowling

D bowling

Our friend Bandit

bandit with us

My brother, sister, and I ride Bandit the horse once a week. We get to groom him, clean out his stall, and ride him. We get a lesson once a month.

Mom’s projects

mom with dears

On April 19th I was a deer in the Snow White ballet. My mom made the head pieces for the three deer ballet dancers.

Three fox tails 

My mom also made fox tails for the Snow White performance. She researched foxes and created her own pattern. The owner of the ballet was beside herself when my mom surprised her with the tails. She special ordered the faux fur from Iowa. We had fun playing with them.

deers, fox squirel

All my animal friends are ready for the Snow White performance. We had makeup artists paint our faces to look like animals. Can you pick me out? We also were able to be guests for Snow White Tea, where we gave our autographs along with Snow White.

No comments:

Post a Comment