Monday, August 25, 2014

Flowers and Butterflies at Sarah P. Duke Gardens

 

 22-IMG_3500

The focus of this blog entry is on what brings a garden alive; flowers, butterflies, and bees. I wanted to let the pictures speak for themselves. Pictures are worth a thousand words they say and though a thousand seems a bit extreme, I find truth in those words. Gardening is an act of love and if you were to ask me the secret to gardening I would tell you patience (lots of it) and the rest of it is perspiration. Nature will run its course. Bugs will dine on your favorite tomatoes you were just getting ready to harvest, but you know what it is all part of the journey. I was having to remind myself of this once again yesterday as my heart sank at all the summer pests I’m dealing with. If you plan on starting a garden don’t get discouraged, but be encouraged for there is always another season to try try again! Be blessed and enjoy a bountiful harvest.

Isaiah 58:11 “The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.”

Learn more about Sarah P. Duke Gardens at Duke University on their website and plan a visit! https://gardens.duke.edu/ 

47-Painted Lady3

45-Long-tailed skipper2

28-IMG_3534

40-lily long ways

27-IMG_3530

26-IMG_3521

Bumble bee diving in head first for a scrumptiously delicious meal. I don’t blame him!

29-IMG_3537

 

 37-IMG_3565

Can you spot the hummingbird?

25-IMG_3517

 24-IMG_3510

   33-IMG_3548  

Two birds checking out the scenery.

39-IMG_3574 

41-common buckeye

42-common buckeye side view

   48-Hummingbird moth

My first photo of a Hummingbird Moth!

49-Hummingbird moth2

Note: If anyone knows of a good venue for selling photography or someone who would be interested in my work please contact me or leave a comment! I’m a young lady with a passion for writing, photography, and gardening looking for a way to get more of my work published. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. You are a master writer, and nature photographer.....I love all your nature photographs. My heart smiles, when I look at all your beautiful nature photographs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing, keep photographing, and keep gardening. One day, people all over the world, will know the beauty that is inside your heart.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep showing your work on the Internet. I love all your nature photographs, and I love all your books, and I love all your writings. You are a true lover of Mother Nature....

    ReplyDelete