Sunday, June 28, 2009

“Detective Joshua” and the Queen Butterfly

IMG_0419

“Detective Joshua” decided to take on a new disguise. He is dressed in his monarch caterpillar apparel. On his head he is wearing one of my fuzzy hats. Today he is searching for monarch caterpillars.

IMG_0424

While outside a new butterfly flew to my garden, a queen butterfly! Like monarchs they also lay eggs on milkweeds.

IMG_0582 IMG_0580

Queen butterflies are a darker color and have more white spots on their wings. Even though these to butterflies look very similar their caterpillars look completely different.

IMG_0390

After a lot of waiting I finally got a picture of a queen butterfly laying eggs on my milkweed. Look how it curls its abdomen to lay a tiny egg.

queen egg

Here is one egg the queen butterfly laid. It is so amazing how this tiny egg can grow to be a beautiful butterfly. I believe only an all powerful God could of created such a beautiful creation.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Those are amazing picture. I have Monarch larva now, haven't seen any "queens" yet.

    ReplyDelete